Thursday, April 30, 2009

Second Life: My winding road to now...

The day i rezzed in SL, I was graced with the name of KaylenaMaria Destiny. While the name I chose rolled of one's tongue in an exotic lilt, little did I realize how truly long it was and how the uniqueness of it would be completely lost in translation as people I encountered proceeded to slice, diced, and mince my name to a sweet edited version of Kay. So that being said, please feel free to call me Kay- everyone else does. ~laughss~

The day I rezzed my newbie form into second life some odd years ago, I was immediately lost, adrift, confused and about to be overwhelmed. There was so much of this new world that I did not understand or comprehend. Looking at all the buttons crowding on my computer screen caused my head to ache and brow to furrow as I randomly pressed buttons trying to learn their purpose, meaning and usefulness to me. I had no friends, my form was horrible and even I knew that I was looking rather ragged. My only friend and lifeline at that moment was the small HUD at the top of my screen directing me through the ragtag tutorial to get a crash course in the second life world. After trying to learn how to fly and bumping into so many walls I was surprised I didn't permanently damage my new avatar, I was about to throw my hands up in defeat when I remembered a friend from another site that told me he had switched over. I looked up the logs to remind myself of his name and proceeded to search him down and immediately add him to my friends list. My mind felt a bit lighter and at peace knowing that I was not completely and utterly alone in this new place. After a day or so he accepted my request and started to show me around. He took me to stores to load up on all the wonderful freebies. I have to say that I really rocked my freebie look at the time. lolz

After shopping and getting all the clothes that I possibly could at the time we proceeded to head out and explore. He took me skiing, mountain bike climbing -at which point and time I got lost- and then to the beach where we surfed and relaxed. I was amazed at the time but my brain wasn't fully comprehending all the things that second life had to offer. I was on overload and dealing with only a few things at one time to better process things.

After a bit more exploring on my own I met a new friend at a romantic ballroom. I thought he looked cute and was very sweet. My Latino crush. ~laughs~ He wore so much bling that I felt I should've been wearing sunglasses but he was a veteran to me, someone that knew what things were about. We went horseback riding, pose ball hopping, club hopping, romantic walks and talks, amusement parks, and so much more. I loved spending time with him and it all made me happy. After a while I was feeling guilty for deserting my friends on my old site and decided to return for a while more. I made new friends...new loves...and new exes. Because of a scandal at the time I deleted my profile on second life to stop wagging tongues. One of my friends...turned out to be my future second life brother and his pet, my sister-n-law.

To run down memory lane...

I met him in a club that I was sitting at and regularly attended on the virtual site. Watching people and reading profiles when he suddenly IMed me from the table over. We began to talk and had a little game of trivia for one another. As time passed we talked more. For some reason we developed a kinship of sorts, an understanding. He quickly drew me into his world of friends and I was even more fully immersed into the BDSM world. Over time our friendship further developed and he looked upon me as a younger sister and I looked upon him as my older brother. I accepted him...and him me...It was a freeing feeling to know someone has your back. I've never really had an older brother I can look up to and spend time with so it was a nice feeling. He soon got a pet that was completely devoted to him. Her and I became friends...then sisters. After a while he became bored on that site and decided to move over to Second Life and take his pet, soon to be his wife, over with him on second life. I stayed in the old site for a bit more due to my relationship at the time...But soon followed and joined them in their life.

We became a family, a very tight nit family that I came to depend on in there at the time. But all was not well...As with any life, drama ensued and my brother soon left second life to escape it. I followed a bit after to go my own way. Had more relationships and heartache...But through it all I found who my real friends and family were there. I now have my brother and best friend and daughter. All of whom I love dearly...

I also have my pets/subs on second life and that is a joy to me as well...

Hmmm...Well that is all I will right for now. You have the story of what brought me to second life...I'll right more soon...G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment